The construction site is where the tangible work of Miami Habitat moves forward, but no house comes out of the ground without lots of effort behind the scenes. We need your help here, too! Miami Habitat offers many opportunities for volunteers off the worksite. Among our needs are:
- Team Builds: Get your team involved with Miami Habitat! Volunteering together to help build a home is a uniquely rewarding and meaningful team building experience for any organization. Team Build days are designed to improve employee morale through a full and inspirational day on the construction site, which is one reason why Corporate Team Builds are among the most popular volunteer opportunities for groups. Team Builds include orientation, a commemorative T-shirt, a certificate of appreciation, and placement of your corporate logo on the Miami Habitat website, among many other benefits. For more information, contact our juan [dot] saborido [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Development Associate).
- ReStore: Miami Habitat's ReStore sells donated building materials, appliances and household furniture to the public. All proceeds from the ReStore go towards the construction of more Habitat homes. Volunteers are needed to clean donated goods, arrange displays and help customers. To find out how you can help, contact the jackie [dot] llerena [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Volunteer Coordinator).
- Community Outreach: Miami Habitat is looking for volunteers to help spread the word about Habitat homeownership opportunities. Currently, we are looking for potential homeowners in Liberty City. If you would be willing to lend a Saturday, or even a week day, to help us raise awarness of Habitat, please contact our jackie [dot] llerena [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Community Outreach Coordinator).
- Family Services: From assisting with family selection to providing ongoing friendships, counseling, and practical assistance to Miami Habitat's 900 homeowner families, Family Services is involved with every aspect of the Habitat process. And we need volunteers! Your generosity, maturity, and enthusiasm are all welcome. Please read our Homeowner pages for more information about the Miami Habitat family of homeowners and the family selection process. If you are interested in donating your time with Family Services, please contact our jackie [dot] llerena [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Volunteer Coordinator).
- Family Selection: Family Selection volunteers go in pairs to conduct home visits to prospective applicants who have met all of the income and credit criteria. The purpose of the visit is to assess the applicant’s housing need and discuss the Habitat for Humanity program. If you are interested in assisting with family selection please contact our monica [dot] silva [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Family Selection Manager)monica [dot] silva [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (.)
- Workshop Leaders: Each Miami Habitat homeowner completes a series of homeownership training workshops prior to occupying their new house. Workshops address budgeting, home maintenance, yard maintenance, and legal rights and responsibilities of homeownership. To join our team of workshop leaders, contact our katy [dot] lillig [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Volunteers & Events Director).
- Legal Services: The work of Miami Habitat requires a wide array of legal assistance. To join our team of volunteer attorneys helping out with title litigation, closings, and other home-related legal matters, contact the katy [dot] lillig [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Volunteers & Events Director)katia [dot] rodrigues [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (.)
- Clerical Assistance: Whether you can spare a few hours or a few days in the office with us, we could use your assistance. If you would like to volunteer in the office, contact the jackie [dot] llerena [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Volunteer Coordinator).
- Congregational Liaisons: Interested in getting your congregation involved in the work of Miami Habitat? Contact our katy [dot] lillig [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Faith Relations Coordinator) to find out how you can help build a relationship between your congregation, Miami Habitat and its homeowner families.
- Fundraising Assistance: If you have a talent for organizing events or for fundraising in general, there are opportunities for you to assist with assembling the capital needed to keep Miami Habitat's building sites up and running. To help, contact our maureen [dot] ruggiero [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Director of Development).
- Creole Speakers: Help us reach out to the Haitian community and to communicate more fluently with our growing family of Creole-language households. If you are fluent in Creole and are interested in helping, please contact our monica [dot] silva [at] miamihabitat [dot] org (Family Support Manager).
Remember, the list above is just an introduction to the great variety of Miami Habitat's volunteer opportunities. Whatever your skills and interests, the generous donation of your time can help advance the aims of Miami Habitat. What would you like to offer to Miami Habitat? Introduce yourself! We would love to welcome you into our family.